Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our BIG Girl

Well, our little girl is now a big girl. She learned how to ride a BIG GIRL bike with no practice the day before Halloween! She said "Dad, I would like to try with no training wheels". Frank held on the back of the bike, she got on, and off she went!! She tried it again with NO help and she could do it. I cant believe she learned so fast. She is very proud of herself! Way to go Madilyn!!!!!!!!!!!!


5 comments:

Carly O'Quinn said...

Okay...no way. We designated this weekend as no training wheels weekend, too and Maggie wants nothing to do with being a big girl. Have Madi call her and tell her it's no big deal. She's fallen twice and said, "no thanks, I'll keep the training wheels". I guess it's a lot like potty training...you have to wait until they're ready.

At this rate she'll be riding with her training wheels to her 8:00, on-campus classes in college!

Ashley McWhorter said...

YAY, Madi!!!!

I'm with Carly...Lily has no interest. I guess they'll be riding their training wheel bikes to class together. :)

Ashley Smith said...

OMG!!! I love it! Cant wait to go on a bike ride with her. Miss yall!

Ashley said...

How exciting. Kaden says he has to be at least 5 before he will try the bike without training wheels. What can you do?

Lacey said...

Sounds like Maddie and Gav are just alike. He just took off also. i think they are just at the age where they are just ready. Congrats Mads! I love it because bike rides aren't so slow now...G can ride his bike while I run...training wheels were soooo slowww....